Sunday, February 27, 2011

And now for something completely different.










These photos are of 'Fredag cafe'. It is where at 3 o'clock after class ends, everyone goes to the canteen to buys some beers and get drunk. The cheapest beer costs 3 Kroners... that is the equivilent to 55 Australian Cents.

None of what I have just said is a lie, and I think Castlemaine Secondary should definately take a leaf out of the Danish School books (even if it'd be illegal haha)! Which brings me to another funny fact actually, the text book  we're studying in Sociology is called 'I'm fuckin lovin it'. 
All this may sound completely out of this world, but when you're here it just makes sense.


This Fredag cafe had a 'sailor' theme, so Jess  (the other Rotary exchange student in Kalundborg) and I spent the afternoon painting paper fish and hanging them round the canteen to help out.
It was strange to hear the same music being played, that is played at our parties back home... eg. 'Masterblaster' by Stevie Wonder caused me to almost feel homesick. Almost. 
For some reason the afternoon was strangely familiar, and I had a wonderful evening.

The Danes certainly know how to enjoy themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment